Thursday, May 30, 2013

Guardians of the Galaxy


WHO
Directed by James Gunn
Written by Nicole Perlman, Chris McCoy, and James Gunn

I know nothing about the GotG, so I'm just putting up the info available. I don't really have any input at this point, except that this cast looks awesome.

Cast:

Parks and Rec's Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star Lord, a half human/half alien. He beat out Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zachary Levi for this role, so.... he's probably gonna be pretty good.
WWE Wrestler and MMA fighter Batista as Drax the Destroyer. A resurrected green human... he's basically the Hulk.

Star Trek's Zoe Saldana as Gamora. A green humanoid who's the last of her species.
The Walking Dead's Michael Rooker as Yondu.
Pushing Dasies' Lee Pace as the unspecified villain.
Damages' Glenn Close as the director of Nova Corps.

Doctor Who's Karen Gillan as the lead female villain. Holy shit I am so excited. This is going to be a beautiful, beautiful movie. I love this woman. I will marry her.

Ophelia Lovibond in an unspecified role.
Wreck-it Ralph's John C. Reilly as Rhomann Dey, the human go-between for the Guardians and SHIELD.

Alan Rickman, Hugh Laurie, and Ken Watanabe have been offered the role of Rhomann Dey's liason to the Guardians. No word yet on who's got the part.

WHAT

"It's much more of a standalone film," said Kevin Feige. "It takes place in the same universe. And when we've been the other side of that universe in other movies, you might see those characteristics in Guardians, but the Avengers are not involved with what's happening out there at this time." Feige also stated that 95% of the film would take place in space.



Again, I've never even heard of GotG until now, so this is just straight up available info.

WHEN
GOTG is the 10th film chronologically in the MCU. Look out for it on August 1, 2014.


I don't know much about this but I'm kind of excited now. I'll keep up with this one.








No comments:

Post a Comment